Students who plan to sit for the upcoming UTME/DE examination should confirm whether they’re qualified to take the program of study. The official checker for eligibility examines whether the course of study aligns with the O’Level Subject Combination in conjunction with the UTME subject.
After reviewing the subject combinations to ensure that you have the right subjects in both UTM/DE as well as O’Level are the ones required by the school of your choice to increase your chances of being accepted. If the subject combination you have chosen does not match those of your school of choice, the JAMB eligibility checker will show schools that accept your chosen subject, in the event that it is accepted by there is.
To access the Eligibility Checker, you must visit the JAMB Portal, and select your Entry Mode, your Institution, and the program you are planning to study. After you have entered these details the portal will inform you of the institutions to which you can apply.
If there are institutions that will not accept the subject you are studying the institution will inform you of this.
Candidates must use JAMB Eligibility Checker in order to see whether their chosen subject is suitable for the course they plan to study and what institutions accept. It is recommended that those seeking a change of school or course consult the Course eligibility checker of JAMB prior to changing their courses, in particular in order to improve the chances of getting into the school and also!
HOW TO MAKE USE OF THE JAMB ELIGIBILITY CHECKER
- Log on to JAMB Course Eligibility Checker Portal at http://eligibility.jamb.gov.ng/checker/
- 1. Select the Mode of Entry. You can select Direct Entry or UTME. Entry
- Select School Type; This can be Degree Awarding, NCE, ND, NID
- Choose the best institution and program of study.
- Input your A’Level/O’level results
- Enter Your UTME/DE Subject Combination
- And finally, click then click on the “Check Programme Availability Button” for an instant answer!